Friday, September 19, 2008

Soap making

I posted this on my personal blog and wanted to share this here. It is more on a personal side. You you don't mind.

I went to a soap making class last night. It was SO exciting! I bought a kit on Ebay about two and a half years ago. I never used it. I was afraid of the lye. If you go read about it, it makes you a wee bit weary. Like, I have five kids and that stuff could KILL them. I was put at ease last night. She demo-ed TWO batches and I got to help with one batch. WOHOOO! It seems SO fun! I am an instant gratification type gal though. You HAVE to let it cure for atleast TWO WEEKS if not longer! Oh man!

I went to Skinetics in Payson. http://www.skinetics.biz/index.htm Kim, the owner is such a great lady. I like essential oils and had wanted to go in. Everytime I would drive by I would try to remember the link she had on her sign. I always forgot. At Scott's September class a lady told me I should go in. I made a point to go in. I took my two youngest. I must have stayed about an hour. Her place is small, yet the company is wonderful! We talked EO, soap and makeup. She knows her stuff and wants to share her knowledge.

Kim, holds monthly classes. Obviously I decided to go to the soap making class. It was AWESOME! I went back today and bought some supplies to make soap. This might be a new addiction. UH OH!

Tonight, my mom and I are going to make soap. Lavender and Rosemary mint. Oh my house will smell so good!

Check out her site. She will have classes monthly...aromatherapy, soap making and tinctures. She is a VERY sweet lady and fun to work with.

No comments: